Residence Internet (ResNet)

Internet and telephoneInternet and telephone

Most residence buildings have wireless Internet coverage. If a dedicated link is required, a wired connection is also available in each room. Users must abide by the University of Victoria ResNet terms of service.

Who can use this service?

  • Students living in dormitory buildings or Cluster housing in residence.
  • Family Housing residents can access ResNet for a fee of $25 per month.

How do I request or access this service?

  • Students in UVic residence housing with a valid NetLink ID can connect to ResNet through the wall port in their residence.
  • ResNet service for Family Housing can be arranged through Residence Services at move-in or by visiting the Residence Services main office. Alternatively, Family Housing residents can arrange for internet service through a private supplier.

What does the service include?

Wired Internet connection using the ports provided in the housing unit. Wireless routers are not permitted if you have ResNet service.

What is the cost for this service?

  • There is no additional charge for students in dormitory or Cluster housing.
  • Family Housing residents are charged a fee of $25 per month.

When is this service available?

This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. You can be informed of service interruptions by subscribing to Informed.

How do I get help with this service?

For assistance with this service, please contact the Computer Help Desk:

Telephone: 250-721-7687
In person: Clearihue A037