University Systems service catalogue
Web content management
The Cascade web content management system (CMS) allows for the easy addition and editing of content by many different authorized users of a web site. Some business benefits of web content management are:
- Streamlined authoring process
- Faster turnaround time for new pages and changes
- Greater consistency
- Improved site navigation
- Increased site flexibility
- Support for decentralized authoring
- Increased security
- Reduced duplication of information
- Greater capacity for growth
- Reduced site maintenance costs (time, resources)
Who can use this service?
How do I request or access this service?
Contact the Computer Help Desk to request this service.
What is the cost for this service?
This service is free to units on campus. This includes:
- Content management system site provisioning
- Content management system administrator provisioning
- Content management system maintenance and upgrades
- User and role provisioning
- Monthly classroom training sessions
- Monthly drop-in training sessions
Personalized training sessions are available for a fee and subject to trainer availability. Please contact the Cascade trainer (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.
When is this service available?
This system will be accessible to anyone with a primary NetLink ID from anywhere on the Internet via a compatible web browser. Users will be able to access the Cascade CMS through MyPage at any time provided it is not during scheduled maintenance or an unplanned outage.
Supported web browsers include:
- IE 6+ for Windows
- Firefox 1.5+ for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Safari 3+
- Google Chrome 8+
Every effort will be made to attend to urgent matters in a timely way given the operations environment of the moment.
How do I get help with this service?
The following support is available for this service:
- Content contributor classroom training: Monthly classroom-based training is provided to website content contributors. This training covers the basics of adding and editing content, uploading images and media, and publishing the content to the website.
- Classroom drop-in sessions: Weekly drop-in Q&A sessions are provided to users looking to solve specific issues or requesting specific assistance. These sessions allow users to work on their websites while receiving individual assistance. Advanced users and site administrators may ask more technical questions of Cascade developers.
- Personalized training: Departments can arrange for personalized Cascade training sessions that will cover the basics of creating pages, changing content, uploading images and media, and the process of putting the content on the production (live) website. Sessions are provided for a fee and subject to trainer and computer lab availability. Please contact the Cascade trainer (email@example.com) for more details.
- Site development: University Systems provides project-based services for the development of websites within the content management system. This support is available through the website development service.
- Site administration: University Systems provides operational support for the administration of sites. This support is available through the website operational support service.
- On-site assistance: On-site assistance will be provided for basic editing and desktop application integration questions. This service will be provided through the department's technical support staff.
Contact the Computer Help Desk for additional support information.
- Adding a block to a block
- Creating a block
- Creating a folder
- Creating a page
- Deleting a page
- Direct publishing
- Editing a block
- Editing pages - external hyperlinks
- Editing pages - insert images
- Editing pages - inserting a tab
- Editing pages - inserting a table
- Editing pages - insert table columns and rows
- Editing pages - internal hyperlinks
- Editing pages - linking to a PDF document
- Editing pages - pasting from MS Word
- Editing pages - reordering tabs
- Editing pages - styles and formatting
- Editing pages - versions
- Editing pages - WYSIWYG editor overview
- Logging in to Cascade
- Recovering a deleted file or folder
- Site files and folders
- Updating a document
- Uploading a document
- Uploading an image