University Systems service catalogue
Email for students
All students at the University of Victoria have the ability to create an email account. UVic email accounts contain the @uvic.ca domain and provide you with 1 GB of storage space. By default, your email address will be your NetLink ID followed by @uvic.ca. Email is used for university communications, including emails from instructors and important notices. Email accounts can be accessed online as well as through email clients.
Who can use this service?
How do I request or access this service?
When you sign up for a NetLink ID, you will also be issued a UVic email account. Your email address is your NetLinkID@uvic.ca. To activate your UVic email account, login to the student WebMail system. UVic email accounts can be accessed online through My page or WebMail.
What is the cost for this service?
This service is provided free of charge to current students up to 1 GB of storage.
When is this service available?
This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. You can be informed of service interruptions by subscribing to Informed.
How do I get help with this service?
Contact the Computer Help Desk for help with this service:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 250-721-7687
- In Person: Clearihue A004 or McPherson Library
- Configure your UVic email with Entourage 2008
- Configure your UVic email with Mac Mail
- Configure your UVic email with Mozilla Thunderbird
- Configure your UVic email with Outlook 2010/2013
- Configure your UVic email with Outlook 2011/2016 for Mac
- Configure your UVic email with Windows 8
- Configure your UVic email with your iPhone
- Create an email account
- Create a rule: WebMail
- Differences between POP and IMAP
- Manage email forwarding for students
- Manage email vacation message for students
- Set up a vacation message