University Systems service catalogue
UVic online directory
The UVic directory provides access to contact information for employees and departments at UVic. There are two methods of accessing information in the UVic directory: the unauthenticated public interface and authenticated interface. The unauthenticated interface provides access to names, departments, phone numbers (public), fax (public), email addresses, and websites (if applicable). The authenticated interface provides access to restricted phone and fax numbers as well as office locations, in addition to the same attributes as the unauthenticated interface.
Who can use this service?
There is a public version of the online directory available to the public, including individuals not affiliated with UVic.
How do I request or access this service?
This resource can be accessed by visiting http://uvic.ca/directory (unauthenticated) or through My page (authenticated with a valid primary NetLink ID). Departmental directory administrators can update their department's listing using the online administration tool.
What is the cost for this service?
This service is provided free of charge.
When is this service available?
This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. You can be informed of service interruptions by subscribing to Informed.
How do I get help with this service?
Contact the Computer Help Desk for help with this service:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 250-721-7687
- In Person: Clearihue A004 or McPherson Library
- Add an employee to your department's employee listing
- Assign department administrator access
- Change your personal directory listing
- Create a link to another department from your directory
- Edit an employee's personal contact information
- Update departmental summary listing
- Update your department's contact information