While there are many different ways to improve environmental friendliness with regards to computing devices, one of the easiest ways is to manage electricity consumption. University Systems strives to help the university realize maximum benefits of reduced energy bills, lower carbon emissions, and derive the benefits of being a "greener" organization through:
- Purchasing hardware configurations that consume less power.
- Implementing an organization-wide power management policy that utilizes industry-best practices and enforcing their use throughout.
- Modifying these policies as necessary based on individual business needs, measuring the savings, and reporting the results back to management.
The first steps towards achieving these goals are outlined in the Best Practices in Desktop and Notebook Efficiency document. This service will expand over the coming months to include more information and greener computing options.
Who can use this service?
How do I request or access this service?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 250-721-7687
- In Person: Clearihue A004 or McPherson Library
What is the cost for this service?
This service is offered at no charge.
When is this service available?
This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. You can be informed of service interruptions by subscribing to Informed.
How do I get help with this service?
For assistance with this service, please contact the Computer Help Desk: