University Systems service catalogue
Learning Management System: CourseSpaces
CourseSpaces is a web-based environment whose primary purpose is to enhance the teaching and learning experiences by making them more flexible.
CourseSpaces enables instructors and administrators to:
- make course content available online
- create individual and collaborative learning activities
- communicate with students
- track student progress
- provide students with feedback
CourseSpaces enables students to:
- access, interact with and contribute to course content
- engage in individual and collaborative learning activities
- communicate with instructors and peers
- track their own progress or obtain feedback on their learning activities
Who can use this service?
How do I request or access this service?
CourseSpaces course shells can be requested the same way as Moodle course shells: via the UVic portal (for instructors) or via OLSA (for departmental administrative staff). For step-by-step instructions, please visit http://www.uvic.ca/til/coursespaces/request/guide/index.php
What is the cost for this service?
This service is provided free of charge.
When is this service available?
CourseSpaces is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. You can be informed of service interruptions by subscribing to Informed.
How do I get help with this service?
Some basic support documentation is available at http://coursespaces.uvic.ca/help/faculty/index.php. We are working hard to add new content on CourseSpaces to our support web site.
Instructors can also request assistance via our online help form.
Students requiring assistance should contact the Computer Help Desk.