University Systems service catalogue
University computer backup (TSM)
The Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) system is backup and recovery software designed to protect computer users from data loss. Users can automate data backup and restore functions, as well as manually backup and retrieve data. The TSM backup service is available for most operating systems.
Who can use this service?
How do I request or access this service?
To administer your account, login to TSM administration with your NetLink ID and passphrase. Once nodes are created, users must install, configure, and run the TSM client.
What is the cost for this service?
This service is provided free of charge.
When is this service available?
This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. You can be informed of service interruptions by subscribing to Informed.
How do I get help with this service?
Contact the Computer Help Desk for help with this service:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 250-721-7687
- In Person: Clearihue A004 or McPherson Library
- Archive files using the TSM client: Windows
- Archive files using TSM client: Mac OS X
- Backup files using the TSM client: Windows
- Backup files using TSM client: Mac OS X
- Change your TSM password: Mac OS X
- Change your TSM password: Windows
- Delete archive files on the TSM server: Mac OS X
- Delete archive files on the TSM server: Windows
- Delete backup files on the TSM server: Mac OS X
- Delete backup files on the TSM server: Windows
- Difference between backups and archives
- Recover and restore files from backups: Windows
- Retrieve and restore files from archives: Windows
- Retrieve and restore files from archives using TSM: Mac OS X
- Retrieve and restore files from backups using TSM: Mac OS X
- TSM Back-up - Stale node notification process
- TSM Configure manual backup: Windows
- TSM Configure selective backup: Windows