University Systems service catalogue
Network Services (NETS) provides voice communications and associated services for all of the university campus and specific off-campus university facilities (except for some student residence rooms). Configuration changes required to implement and support telephones are performed by Network Services staff.
Who can use this service?
How do I request or access this service?
Requests for telephones can be made through the Technology Solutions Centre. Note that if you do not have FAST signing authority, you will need the approval of someone in your department who does.
What is the cost for this service?
Costs vary depending upon request. Visit the Technology Solutions Centre for details.
When is this service available?
This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. You can be informed of service interruptions by subscribing to Informed.
How do I get help with this service?
To report issues with your telephone, contact Network Services by emailing email@example.com and provide the following details;
- the local (phone number), building, and room number of the affected phone;
- a brief description of the problem; and
- your contact information (including an alternate phone number if your phone is out of service).
- Best practices for cleaning your phone
- Billing: Voice Service Charges Viewer
- Call flow patterns and options
- Dialing information
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Installing a fax machine
- Long distance privileges and authorization codes
- Long distance rates
- Making conference calls
- Manuals and reference guides
- Move or change the configuration of a local
- Ongoing telephone (VoIP) service rates
- Order a new analogue line
- Order a VoIP phone
- Public access telephones
- Telephone service issues
- Toll-free service
- Update your personal UVic directory listing
- Voice services billing information
- VoIP self services