University Systems service catalogue
Concise and informative training videos, aimed towards beginner and intermediate users, are available on our website. Learn how to take advantage of features that help you get more comfortable with Microsoft Office applications, Windows 7 operating system, and Internet Explorer web browser. Utilize advanced features, better organize files, produce effective documents, and browse the Internet more efficiently with the help of our videos.
Additionally, Student Computing Facilities occasionally offers drop-in tutorials for students who want to develop their skills with the latest versions of the software.
Who can use this service?
How do I request or access this service?
Visit our help centre to access our training videos. You will need to login with your NetLink ID to view the videos.
No registration is necessary for Student Computing Facilities drop-in sessions; seats are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
What is the cost for this service?
This service is provided free of charge.
When is this service available?
Training videos are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. You can be informed of service interruptions by subscribing to Informed.
For a list of upcoming tutorials, contact Student Computing Facilities.
How do I get help with this service?
Contact the Computer Help Desk for help with our training videos:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 250-721-7687
- In person: Clearihue A004 or McPherson Library
Contact Student Computing Facilities for help with drop-in tutorials.
- Internet Explorer 8 training videos
- Internet Explorer 9 training videos
- Microsoft Excel 2010 training videos
- Microsoft OneNote 2010 training videos
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 training videos
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 training videos
- Microsoft Publisher 2010 training videos
- Microsoft Word 2010 training videos
- Windows 7 training videos
- Windows 8.1 training videos
- Windows 8 training videos