University Systems service catalogue
One-on-one software assistance
University Systems offers one-on-one assistance to all UVic staff and faculty for computer software. Our friendly and experienced staff will research your request, find a solution that best suits your needs, and schedule a session with you at your work location. We do not provide general software tutorials but will try to redirect you to other resources. Software assistance is available for the following applications:
- Microsoft Office — Basic or advanced issues in Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Published, SharePoint, and Word
- Contribute and Dreamweaver — limited to specific tasks within the applications; we are not able to help with website setup or design
- Fireworks, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop — basic graphic editing
- Adobe Acrobat Pro — PDF creation and forms
- iDVD and iMovie — movie editing
- Mac OS X and Windows XP/7 operating systems — switching assistance, help with basic end-user functions
Who can use this service?
How do I request or access this service?
To arrange for software assistance, please email email@example.com.
To expedite your request, please provide the name of the software that you require assistance with as well as a list of the specific tasks that you would like to accomplish or learn (we assist with specific issues and cannot provide a general tutorial).
What is the cost for this service?
This service is provided free of charge for all academic and administrative departments, excluding Continuing Studies and UVSS.
When is this service available?
This service is available by appointment. One business day's notice is usually required in order to research and schedule your session.
How do I get help with this service?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help with this service.