Skip to main content

International students

UVic is proud to have students from all over the world. We have a diverse campus with many support services to help you thrive.

Funding opportunities

There are many grants, awards and programs available to international students coming to UVic. This funding is for both undergraduate and graduate degree studies.

Co-op program

UVic’s co-op program offers exciting opportunities for international students. In co-op, you can connect with employers and gain culturally relevant work experience.

You must have a co-op work permit before you can legally work as a co-op student in Canada.

You also need a study permit that’s valid throughout the duration of your work term.

If your current study permit expires before you complete your degree, you may extend it and extend or apply for a co-op work permit on the same application.

You may also apply for co-op work terms with employers outside Canada.

Centre for Academic Communication

At the Centre for Academic Communication (CAC), we help to build and enhance your academic skillset. Our team is available to coach you in managing your time, setting goals and sustaining focus during busy periods. We can also help you craft polished papers, deliver captivating presentations and build skills to retain information for your exams and assessments.

Visit our website to book a free appointment with our team in-person or over Zoom, or access our user-friendly self-paced resources.

Living in Canada

International Centre for Students provides pre-arrival support, settlement services on arrival and non-academic help to international students. We also support international students visiting UVic from other institutions. We can help with:

Need help?

International Centre for Students (ICS) provides support for degree-seeking international students studying at UVic, except for students in the Gustavson School of Business, which has its own international programs. We also coordinate programs for all UVic students interested in studying abroad.

If you have questions call us at 250-721-6361 or send us an email.