Skip to main content

Changing personal information in your student record

Personal information for all UVic students is stored by the Office of the Registrar and Enrolment Management. It is your responsibility to keep your information up to date.

Update your preferred name and contact information

Your preferred name is the name by which you are normally addressed, and can be different from your legal first name on your UVic student record.

Log into your NetLink profile to change your:

  • Preferred name
  • Phone numbers
  • Email addresses
  • Mailing address
  • Emergency contacts

To protect the integrity of your student record, the following information must be updated by the Office of the Registrar:

  • Legal name (requires supporting documentation)
  • Gender identity (does not require documentation)

You must log in with your UVic NetLink ID to request updates to your student record.

Request a personal information change

If you know your UVic student number (e.g. V01234567), you can set up your NetLink ID and then change your information or submit a request.

If you don't know your UVic student number, contact Student Support Services for assistance.