Resources for students

We want you to be among our many satisfied alumni. We've built a strong support network for you, from orientation to graduation day. If you can't find what you're looking for on this page, contact us.

Program planning guides

Our program planning guides can help you stay on track with your program requirements:

If you want to take an elective course outside your program area, you will need permission of your supervisor, graduate advisor, and the course instructor. See "Forms and policies" below for the Graduate registration form. The Academic calendar limits how many/which undergraduate courses can be used towards a graduate degree. 

Graduate handbooks

Funding and awards

There are various scholarships, bursaries, and employment opportunities available for EPLS students. Apply for bursaries and scholarships as early as possible, and continue to compete for awards, such as coveted SSHRC awards, throughout your academic career.

Check out our funding opportunities and awards pages for more information.

Forms and policies

Additional forms can be obtained from Graduate Studies. All policies can be found in the Academic Calendar.

Program completion and graduation

In order to graduate from the program, you must apply to graduate. Read the graduation and convocation info for Undergraduate students and for Graduate students

All thesis-based MA students and PhD students must submit an electronic copy of their thesis or dissertation (ETD) to UVicSpace. 

More resources and support

The UVic community is here for you! For everything from academic writing to dental care, there are resources here to help you. If you cannot find what you are looking for, don't hesitate to contact your program assistant to connect you to the services you need. 

Other general UVic resources are available here:

Learn about the kinds of jobs you can do with your degree.