Skip to main content

Students visiting UVic

If you're enrolled at another university or college, you can take courses at UVic that may count as credit toward your degree at your home institution.

Exchange program

We welcome students from our 70+ exchange partners across the globe each term. Find out how you can visit UVic as an exchange student.

Visiting from a study abroad partner

UVic has study abroad partnerships with schools in Denmark, Germany and Norway, enabling students from these institutions to visit and attend classes at UVic for 1 or 2 school terms (4 or 8 months).

Visiting with a letter of permission

Students from any post-secondary institution around the world can apply to visit UVic as a study abroad student with a letter of permission.

You'll be able to take up to 5 courses per term that may count as credit toward your program of study at your home institution.

Research students

A research student is admitted to UVic as a non-degree student who conducts research under the supervision of a UVic faculty member.

A research student is enrolled in a program of study at a recognized post-secondary institution, and their research at UVic must be related to that program of study.

To be eligible for admission to UVic as a research student, you must:

  • be a student in good standing at a recognized post-secondary institution
  • intend to come to UVic solely for the purpose of research
  • have support and approval from your home institution and UVic

Learn how to apply to UVic as a visiting research student:

Learn how to apply as a graduate student. This includes recipients of funding through Global Affairs Canada scholarship programs, Mitacs programs, etc.

You may be eligible for funding opportunities to support your visit.