Skip to main content

Visiting with a letter of permission

Attend UVic as a visiting student with a letter of permission from your home university. You can take up to five courses per term that will count as credit toward your degree.

If your first language is not English, you must meet UVic's English language requirements.

You can also visit UVic as an exchange or Study Abroad student.

1. Submit your application

Submit your application to UVic through the EducationPlannerBC application service. When you're asked to select a program, choose "I am visiting from another institution on a letter of permission".

2. Submit your letter of permission

Arrange for your university or college to send a letter of permission to Undergraduate Admissions. The letter must include:

  • the session for which permission is given
  • the specific courses to be taken while you are visiting UVic

Your application will not be processed until this information is received.

If you want to extend your studies at UVic beyond the time frame listed in your letter of permission, you'll need to submit a new application. Contact Undergraduate Admissions for instructions.

3. Next steps

You'll receive your admission offer by email. Follow the steps to accept your offer and start preparing for your visit to UVic.

More information

If you have any questions about visiting UVic from another post-secondary institution, contact