Skip to main content

Scholarships & financial aid

Entrance scholarships

Entrance scholarships are usually based on your grades, and don't have to be repaid.

How to apply for and accept an entrance scholarship

Entrance scholarships and awards

Entrance scholarships for:


Bursaries are non-repayable financial awards. They’re based on your financial need and grades.

To receive a bursary you must:

  • be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
  • receive the maximum full-time government student loans; and
  • maintain registration in a minimum of 4.5 credit units per term (3.0 credit units for students with a permanent disability)

How to apply for a bursary

Former youth in care

Financial assistance is available for students who were formerly in care in BC. Learn about the support you can access.

Funding for former youth in care

External awards

External awards are offered by organizations outside UVic.

Government and other award programs are subject to change at any time. Please check with the organizations offering these awards for the most current information.

External awards for:

Indigenous Nation funding

Some Nations offer funding for students. If you need help finding out whether your Nation has funding opportunities and how to access them, we're here to help.

Learn more about services for Indigenous students at UVic.