Skip to main content

University of Oviedo

Location: Spain

WebsiteUniversity of Oviedo  See more information about studying at Oviedo as an international student

Language of instruction: English and Spanish are the languages of instruction.

Subjects taught in English. 


Every year, the University of Oviedo receives more than a thousand foreign students. It is a destination that is highly sought after and highly valued by international students owing to its academic prestige and its privileged location in a setting such as that of the Principality of Asturias.

Area of study

See course catalogue for full selection.

Exchange credit history

See the exchange credit history listing of courses that have been previously evaluated from University of Oviedo. Note that this is a guide only, and not a guarantee that your courses would be evaluated in the same way.


The University of Oviedo offers two outstanding student halls of residence providing a comfortable stay and full integration in university life.

In Oviedo, the Campus of Los Catalanes is home to the San Gregorio Residence Hall and the America Residence Hall. They are all located in a privileged environment with extensive grounds overlooking the so-called "Winter Park", with adjoining university sports facilities, as well as being close to the old quarter of the town. The Residence Halls offer the best accommodation with cleaning and food services, and Wi-Fi connection for all the members of the university community, as well as for students, lecturers and administrative staff from other Universities that are part of Eduroam.

On the Campus of Mieres, the university residence hall offers a modern accommodation, providing 112 beds in individual rooms and studio flats. The building, whose services include a library, computer room, self-service restaurant and Wi-Fi in all areas, is located adjacent to the campus teaching, research and sports facilities, only a few minutes' walk from the town centre and right opposite the bus station.

To request more information on University Residence Halls, send an email to or call 985 10 41 49/985 10 95 00.

Medical insurance, immigration & arrival

Medical Insurance: Mandatory.

Immigration Documents: Student Visa and Resident Permit Required

How to apply

Learn how to apply or sign up to receive emails about studying on exchange at a partner university. We will send you information about events, application deadlines, funding opportunities, and more!