Skip to main content

University of Manchester

Location: Manchester, England
Website: Information for Exchange Students
Language of instruction: English

  • Fall semester: September - January. An early exit option (Sept-Dec) is available on a course-by-course basis. Students can inquire about this once they have applied to the partner university
  • Spring semester: January - June

Specific Restrictions:

  • Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 5.0/9.0 (B)


  • Ranked 32th in the world, 8th in Europe, 6th in the UK (QS World University Rankings 2024)
  • Largest single-site university in the UK, with the biggest student community - 40,000 students from 160 countries.
  • In total, 25 Nobel Prize winners have worked or studied here.
  • Cost of living: with a total student population of more than 90,000, there are plenty of local businesses, services and nightlife venues that cater to a student budget.


The Disability Advisory and Support Service  (sometimes called the DASS) supports a variety of different people, whether students, staff or supporters. 

Find out more about the serviceswho is eligible for support, and how to access support.

Exchange credit history

See the exchange credit history listing of courses that have been previously evaluated from University of Manchester. Note that this is a guide only, and not a guarantee that your courses would be evaluated in the same way.


  • Guaranteed on-campus housing for full-year (two term) exchange students
  • If you choose to attend Manchester for one term, you can still apply for university housing, without the guarantee


How to apply

Learn how to apply or sign up to receive emails about studying on exchange at a partner university. We will send you information about events, application deadlines, funding opportunities, and more!