Skip to main content


Once you've registered with the Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL), you can request academic accommodations to help you meet essential course or program requirements. Fulfilling these requirements remains your responsibility.

Accommodations help to mitigate disability- and chronic health-related barriers that may occur in:

  • reading and writing
  • mobility and dexterity
  • attention and stamina
  • social engagement
  • attendance

Once your accommodation plan is in place, you can activate your accommodations by releasing your accommodation letter for a course.

Peer notetaker

A peer notetaker accommodation helps you access a classmate's notes to supplement your own.

Reduced course load

A reduced course load accommodation lowers the number of course units you need to be a full-time student. All students registered with CAL are eligible for this accommodation.

Need help?

Email us or call the front desk at 250-472-4947 if you have any questions or concerns.

If you feel your accommodations are not being met, contact the Office of the Ombudsperson. This is an independent, impartial and confidential resource to help you resolve problems or disputes. You can contact the ombudsperson at any time to:

  • understand your options, rights and responsibilities
  • receive coaching on how to raise an issue or complaint
  • assist in communication or problem-solving
  • get assistance in the use of appeal procedures
  • investigate and make recommendations