Skip to main content


Departmental forms

These forms are processed by the Economics Department

Prerequisite waiver
  • Prerequisites are not generally waived, and some instructors have a policy of never waiving prerequisites. However, some students may believe they have taken a course, or a combination of courses, that provides a background matching the listed prerequisites. In addition, some courses have a prerequisite statement that says, "Or permission of the department." Students requesting to have a pre- or corequisite waived for a particular course must fill out this form and submit it to 
Request to repeat a course
  • The university regulation on repeating  courses is:

    “A student may not attempt a course a third time without the prior approval of the Dean of the faculty and the Chair of the department in which the course is offered unless the calendar course entry states that the course may be repeated for additional credit. A student who has not received this approval may be deregistered from the course at any point and may be asked to withdraw from his or her declared or intended program.”

    In order to obtain permission to take a required course for the third (and final) time, you must complete this form and submit it to 

Other general forms 

These forms are not processed by the Economics department. Follow the submission instructions on each form. If you need help with them, please see an Academic Advisor.

Letter of permission (LoP)
  • Students who want to take a course at another college or university will need to submit a Request for a Letter of Permission (LoP).

Request for academic concession (RAC)
  • Extenuating circumstances may mean that a student will want to request an academic concession during their studies. For more information on RACs (whether you qualify for one and how to apply), visit the OREG website. 
Request for course overload
  • Students must submit a Request for Course overload form to Academic Advising () if they want to exceed the maximum units of credits (9.0) during a single term. Please note that submitting the form does not guarantee approval.