Skip to main content


Health and safety compliance

You will need to get approval from UVic if you are using research materials that require:

  • bio or radiation safety
  • hazardous materials
  • scientific diving or boating

Visit the Occupational Health, Safety and Environment site for more info and how to apply for regulatory approval.

Financial COI compliance for US Public Health Service agencies

Information for applicants and grant holders on the US Public Health Service PHS agencies.

A number of US Public Health Service (PHS) agencies, including NIH, have implemented stringent new training and reporting requirements for significant Financial Conflicts of Interest (FCOI) that affect all investigators and co-investigators, their spouses and their dependent children.

Safeguarding your research

The Research Security Unit (RSU) at UVic serves to protect our intellectual property and infrastructure, promote awareness of and provide education in research security, and help foster domestic and international partnerships. The RSU can help with:

  • Review of all security applications associated with Tri-Council funding
  • Review of Sponsored Research Agreements involving foreign partners
  • Host workshops and provide training on research security
  • Provide assistance in partnership assessments for faculty
  • Provide research security travel tips

Research Security Unit