The history of fine arts is the history of patronage
Throughout history, artists have relied upon patrons like the Medici family, Pope Julius II, J. Paul Getty, Peggy Guggenheim, John Ruskin, Francois Pinault, Paul Durand-Ruel, Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney, Charles Saatchi, and Michael Audain, to name but a few.
It’s no different today. We still rely upon the generosity and vision of our patrons to help us create the next generation of Canadian artists and scholars.
Our Fine Arts patrons
- support the education of our students as they learn about Fine Arts in all its aspects: exhibiting, creating, performing, producing and researching,
- enjoy a range of Fine Arts not found anywhere else in Victoria,
- participate in exciting department initiatives such as faculty and student performances and seminars,
- support a vibrant and growing history of the arts and culture in Victoria.
What you might not know
- our academic funding doesn’t cover all of our costs
- we receive no government grants (unlike local arts organizations)
- we keep our ticket rates deliberately low to remain as accessible as possible to the community
- we can provide tax receipts for all donations.
We appreciate and need donations of any size to help support our students and their work in the Faculty of Fine Arts.
If you are interested in Scholarship and Bursary opportunities to help our Fine Arts students, or if you would like to find out how to leave a gift in your will, please contact Samantha Krzywonos, our Fine Arts Development Officer, at 250-721-6305 or email@example.com.