Professional certification & registration after you graduate

Can I get certified as a CCC after graduation? 

Graduates of our Counselling Psychology MA program have always been eligible and qualified for certification with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)

Can I register as an RCC after graduation?

Our Counselling Psychology MA program offers most of the courses required by the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC) for registration as an RCC, with the exception of family counselling. In the event that we can offer a family counselling elective course, then the registration requirements to become an RCC will be offered within the program. 

Can I become a School Psychologist or a Registered Psychologist after graduation? 

The Counselling Psychology MA program is not designed to meet the requirements for registration as a School Psychologist or a Registered Psychologist (R.Psych.). For registration requirements in BC, please refer to the College of Psychologists of British Columbia