University Systems help centre

Move or change the configuration of a local

To request a move or change to an existing telephone local, please phone UVic local 8555 with the details of your request. Alternatively, you can email your request to with the following details:

  • What change is required?
  • If you are moving, where is the local moving from and where is it going to?
  • Is a new telephone set required to accommodate the move or change? Is there an existing unused telephone jack in the new location or is new wiring required? 
  • Who/what is the move or change for?
  • What FAST code will be charged?

Please note that each local is owned by the department that purchased it.

For features and configuration options, check out the Technology Solutions Centre.