Volunteer & Travel Opportunities


Resources and Opportunities:


  • UVic's Centre for Asia-Pacific Initiatives (CAPI) offers two Student Fellowships valued at $2,500 each year to support student research and study in the Asia-Pacific region.  To encourage excellence in research on the Asia-Pacific region, CAPI offers a Student Research Fellowship, and to support the study of languages of the Asia-Pacific region, CAPI offers a Student Language Fellowship
  • Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada: Travel and Work Abroad offers information for Canadian and international students to travel and work abroad.  If you are Canadian, ages 18-35 (in some countries the age limit is 18-29, or 30), you are eligible to apply for an International Experience Canada work permit.  This permit allows students to travel and work in the countries with which Canada has a formal agreement.  These countries include Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Australia and others.