Benefits can differ according to your membership status with the UVRA.  

Benefits only available to UVRA members

Benefits available to all retired UVic employees

See retirement guidelines at UVic Human Resources for more information about all retirement benefits at UVic.

All UVic retirees are eligible for Pacific Blue Cross Extended Medical coverage under the UVic Retirees Pacific Blue Cross Extended Medical and Dental coverage. To avoid medical questions, transfer from their current-UVic-employee plan within 60 days of your retirement.  

All UVic retirees and UVRA members retired from other universities are eligible to apply for the Extended Health, Dental and Travel insurance policies with the Retired Teachers of Ontario (RTO/ERO) negotiated by CURAC, the Canadian umbrella organization of post-secondary retiree associations. Transfer from your current plan within 60 days to avoid medical questions. Details at:

Note: When applying to RTO/ERO, you will be asked if you are a member of CURAC. Since UVRA is a member of CURAC, our members are also considered to be members.

Other benefits:

Options offered to UVic retirees for their retirement extended health plan

The document contained in the link below was prepared by the Benefits Office of the UVic Human Resources Department. 
It is a helpful chart summarizing the three Extended Health etc. plans open to UVic retirees. It is also useful for anyone considering switching from the Pacific Blue Cross plan to either of the others (within 60 days of leaving PBC).
Please note that membership in UVRA is a requirement of joining the UVRA-Johnson plan, but not of the other two plans (another good reason to become a Lifetime member, to avoid annual confirmation!). Also note that RTO requires membership of that organization, which must be renewed each year, at whatever the current cost then is.
Here is the link:​
Peter Liddell
UVRA Benefits Chair

Retiree parking permit

Campus parking permits are available to UVRA members at a rate set annually by Campus Security Services and the UVic Board of Governors. UVRA General Reserve Parking permits are available through Campus Security Services by presenting your UVic ONECard at their office or online. Associate members must present proof of membership in UVRA in person at the Campus Security Services office. Those needing a parking permit for a motorcycle or scooter should go directly to the Campus Security Office, which will issue the appropriate permit for the motorcycle, etc. If it is the first time that you are registering your vehicle, or if you have changed your vehicle or license-plate, please bring your ICBC insurance documents with you.

As of September 1st, 2022 there are no more annual passes to park on campus.

There are three options: 

- Without a permit, you will need to enter your licence plate number and pay the hourly rate at one of the dispensers;

- or you can download the free Honkmobile app to your mobile phone, to enable contactless parking. This app includes a reminder function, so you can extend your parking time remotely. 

- Retirees may purchase a Retirees Flex Permit consisting of 52 individual uses/ sessions of up to two hours each.  (These will not expire if not used within a given year.)

Parking is in any Lot, 24/7, Reserved or General space. (Parking is free on Sundays; no permit needed)

Prior pass holders and recent UVic retirees may only need to show their OneCard as proof of their eligibility. Others may be required to obtain proof of membership in UVRA from the Association. 

The pass is available from the Security Office on campus. At times of heavy demand, such as the start of a new semester, there may be a delay of up to two days before you receive your personal code. 

If you need to register more than one vehicle, you must take the proof of ownership of those vehicles (current ICBC insurance papers) to Security in person.

To use the Permit, go to a dispenser, and

    Step 1 Enter your vehicle’s licence plate number 

                  (Note: this applies also if you are using a rental car)

    Step 2 Select “Coupon hourly”

    Step 3 Select “2 hours”

    Step 4 Enter your personal Permit code

    Step 5 Press “OK”

Library privileges

Full members with a current UVic ONECard have access to the University Libraries, with borrowing privileges. You may access the Library online by using your Netlink ID, or your previous bar-code information. Associate Members may use the facilities with a UVic ONECard, but will be considered an external borrower. Visit the Library online.

NetLink account

If you wish to continue to access the Helpdesk, use the Library online, or otherwise benefit from university services such as email, calendars, etc., you must keep your primary Netlink ID.

Computer Store/Computer Help Desk

The computer store, located in the UVic bookstore, no longer offers "academic" pricing on computer software. All items purchased in this store are sold at retail prices. 

The Computer Help Desk (CHD) requests that contact for support be made using the following methods:

Submit a request for help on the Computer Help Desk website.

Computer Help Desk can also be contacted by:

  • Email:
    • Mon. to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    • Weekends, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
    • Stat holidays, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
  • Telephone: 250-721-7687 (Toll Free: 1-844-721-7687)
    • Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
    • Weekends, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
    • Stat holidays, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
  • Fax: 250-721-8778
  • Twitter: @uvichelpdesk
    • Answered Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

During operational hours, feel free to visit the Computer Help Desk in person at one of our many sites across campus. 

Vikes Recreation membership

All eligible members of our association who were employed at UVic can obtain a complimentary Vikes Recreation membership, by using your current UVic ONECard for use of the university's athletic facilities. Vikes Recreation offers excellent fitness programs, but there are occasions when extra charges are levied. Spouses can purchase a membership either per term or per year. Please visit the Vikes Recreation website.

University Club membership

All retired UVic faculty or staff who have been regular members of the University Club for at least five years prior to retirement are eligible for a Retired (non-voting) membership at one-half of the dues of a Regular member.

Those UVRA members who do not qualify for the 50% reduction in dues may apply through the UVRA to become a retired (non-voting) member of the University Club at a dues rate of 75% of that of a regular member.   A retiree who maintains a membership for five years after retirement will then qualify for the 50% reduction. Details of University Club membership may be found on the University Club web site. Application forms for membership are available at the University Club. 

For more information on memberships or about the Club, please contact their Office Manager at 250-472-5302, or the General Manager, at 250-853-3509. If you prefer to visit the Club, their office is open Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. 

The UVRA Office can also arrange for you to try the Club for a lunch or a dinner before you decide to join. You will, of course, have to pay for your meal.


The UVic "ONECard" is available for retirees from UVic; it replaces your old "UVic Retiree" card. See: UVic ONECard for details.

The UVic ONECard is also the photographic ID card for official UVic retirees, as defined by HR (with a V number).

Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance

This plan helps protect travellers against unforeseen circumstances that may prevent you from travelling or from completing your trip as planned. It is being offered at a very competitive price. If you decide to fill out the application form, the address to mail it to, with your payment is:

Johnson Inc.

Suite 110, 9440 202nd Steet

Langley, B.C. V1M 4A6

Click here for more informaiton

Johnson Trip Cancellation - Application FINAL Form

UVic Legacy Webmail System

Note: Access to email is not connected in any way to UVRA membership. This link is provided here simply as a service to readers of this site. 

Information on changes affecting email accounts is available at: