What is a UVic NetLink ID?
For students, researchers, faculty, and staff a NetLink ID account provides you with a secure username and passphrase to consistently and seamlessly access the UVic systems and services for which you are authorized, such as academic records, email, on-campus Wi-Fi, Banner services, learning systems and more.
Benefits of a NetLink ID account
- Fewer usernames and passwords to remember; your NetLink ID and passphrase allow you to access web based systems at UVic which have chosen to use single sign on as their authentication method
- Provide your passphrase just once per session to one trusted application at a well-known web address (URL)
- Be confident in the security and privacy of the data which is important to you and UVic
- Providing a non-UVic email address and/or phone number allows for identity verification in critical interactions such as changing your passphrase
- We maintain strict control over who can access your personal information
- We help keep your personal information safe if your identity information is lost or stolen
- We collect only personal information for the services you need access to
Your NetLink ID is your online identification at the University of Victoria. NetLink IDs can be used to access the computing services and applications which use the Sign in Service. Signing into UVic means you just need to enter your NetLink username and password once for most services on campus.
Protect your NetLink ID username and passphrase
- Watch out for sites or emails that pretend to be legitimate and ask for your username and password.
- Report suspicious requests for your username and password.
- Learn more about how to protect your account and computer.
- For further details please refer to University of Victoria's Information Security Policy - IM7800
Remember to sign out!
It is your responsibility to protect your account by ensuring you are signed out before leaving your computer.
By signing in you will be authorized to access your applications and websites that use the Sign in to UVic service. Use is subject to but not limited to the following policies and guidelines:
- Acceptable Use of Electronic Information Resources Policy
- Records Management Policy - Fair Dealing Guidelines
- Information Security Policy
For further information, see the listing of University Policies.