Need help with your research?
Librarians and staff at the Priestly Law Library primarily support the Faculty of Law at the University of Victoria.
Members of the wider University and broader communities are also welcome to use the Law Library space and resources.
Librarians are available to help with research questions. Drop by the research help desk on the main floor
Monday - Thursday: 11:30 am - 1:30 pm and 3:00 - 5:00 pm
Friday: By appointment or email via email@example.com
For an appointment outside of these hours, contact us at 250-472-5023 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop by the circulation desk on the main floor.
The Law Library subscribes to multiple services which provide updates on particular areas of law. For a full list click here.
Try these programs to lessen your research load:
- Citation manager: Zotero
- A database of bibliographic info, with full text.
- Can export data into your Word footnotes or endnotes.
- Automatically formats data according to the McGill Guide.
- For training contact a law librarian at email@example.com.
- For collecting quotations, making notes: Evernote
- Applications for iPad, iPhone, all browsers and all desktops.
- Synchronization between platforms.
- Easy text formatting.
Consult our research guides to help you with specific legal topics.