- 2015-03-06 - Victoria Colloquium: Professor Rainer Baubock
- 2015-03-06 - UVic Law's 40th Anniversary: Open House
- 2015-03-07 - UVic Law's 40th Anniversary: Panel Lecture
- 2015-03-07 - UVic Law's 40th Anniversary: Founders' Dinner
- 2015-03-09 - Fraser Lecture and Humanitarian Award
- 00:00 - Jamie Cassels Undergraduate Research Awards (JCURA) Fair
- 09:00 - Lansdowne Lecture by Francisco Garcia Vicente (Professor, Actor, Theatre Director, Set Designer, and Playwright), Murcia, Spain
- 09:00 - Breaking the Silence: Women and Risky Drinking
- 09:00 - Performing Gender and Genre in the Hispanic & Italian World
- 10:00 - IN SESSION - ONE
- 11:30 - English Conversation Cafe
- 11:30 - Society's role in promoting violence in the sex industry
- 12:00 - Orange Your Workplace
- 13:00 - Mindfulness Meditation
- 14:30 - Income Tax Info Session for International Students
- 16:00 - Women and Alcohol: Breaking the Silence
- 16:00 - Aging deconstructed: The art and science of living well
- 19:00 - "CITIZENFOUR"
- 19:00 - Tapping population data: A new era in health research and care
- 19:30 - Victoria Sings 2015
- 20:00 - Violin Class Recital
- 20:00 - Visiting Artist Lectures present: Nigel Prince
View more coming events on the UVic Events Calendar.
- 2015-04-02 - Last day of classes for all faculties except Faculty of Human and Social Development
- 2015-04-03 - Good Friday
- 2015-04-06 - Easter Monday
- 2015-04-07 - Examinations begin for all faculties except Faculty of Human and Social Development
- 2015-04-22 - Examinations end for all faculties
- 2015-04-22 - End of Winter Session
View all important academic dates in the Academic Calendar.
Prof. Maneesha Deckha on Animal Law
Professor Maneesha Deckha studies animal law and is a professor at the University of Victoria. In this video she explains that the laws that we have regarding animals are outdated, and do not reflect modern cultural norms and values. She also describes her research into our lacking animal cruelty laws.
Become a fan of the University of Victoria to receive news and events on campus.