Our collegial atmosphere, commitment to social justice, and opportunities for hands-on learning are a few of the things that set the University of Victoria’s Faculty of Law apart. Plus, with the mildest climate in Canada, our campus is just minutes from beaches and parks that you can enjoy year round. Learn more about UVic Law.
Read a message from the dean.
Combine the knowledge you've gained in the classroom with practical experiences in the workplace by participating in Canada's only comprehensive common law co-operative education program. Learn more about law co-op.
We offer several clinical programs that provide you with practical, hands-on experience in a legal environment, in addition to the regular academic program.
- 2015-02-02 - Speakers Series: Craig E. Jones, QC
- 2015-02-06 - Victoria Colloquium: Professor Cressida J. Heyes
- 2015-02-23 - Speakers Series: Chief Judge T. Crabtree, Judge J. Challenger and Judicial Justice B. Edwards
- 2015-02-27 - Victoria Colloquium: Professor Rainer Baubock
- 2015-03-03 - Efrat A. Arbel: "Rethinking the Discourse of Crisis in Aboriginal Corrections"
- 00:00 - Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- 00:00 - Alumni Week 2015
- 00:00 - The Arts of World War I
- 09:30 - Monster Erg/Canadian Indoor Rowing Championship
- 13:00 - "The Errand Boy" (1961)
- 13:30 - Faculty of Education / Alumni Chapter Panel Discussion
- 13:30 - Centering Prayer Workshop
- 14:30 - Flute Class Recital
- 15:00 - "Keep On Keepin' On"
View more coming events on the UVic Events Calendar.
View all important academic dates in the Academic Calendar.
Prof. Maneesha Deckha on Animal Law
Professor Maneesha Deckha studies animal law and is a professor at the University of Victoria. In this video she explains that the laws that we have regarding animals are outdated, and do not reflect modern cultural norms and values. She also describes her research into our lacking animal cruelty laws.
Become a fan of the University of Victoria to receive news and events on campus.