Professor Deb Curran dominated the wall at CARSA today to raise money for the United Way's Power Up The Tower campaign! http://www.uvic.ca/unitedway/events/tower/index.php
- 2015-12-04 - DEMCON: Legal Officials at the Heart of Legal Theory: the Practice of Role-Morality
- 2016-01-25 - Southin Lecture by Hamar Foster
View all important academic dates in the Academic Calendar.
- 00:00 - Celebrating W.B. Yeats at 150
- 10:00 - Beauty for All: The Arts & Crafts Movement in Europe and North America
- 12:30 - FRIDAYMUSIC: Percussion
- 13:00 - Exploring the Online Academic Community: Introduction to the 2015 Theme
- 13:30 - English Conversation Cafe
- 14:30 - Canada at COP21: What can we expect from Paris this December?
- 14:45 - Satellite Earth Observations in Support of Arctic Operations and Environmental Stewardship
- 15:00 - Tips, tricks, and tools for psychological scientists
- 15:00 - THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
- 15:30 - 2015 - 2016 Linguistics Circle Colloquium Series
- 18:00 - UVic Right to Play 3rd Annual Dodgeball Classic
- 20:00 - UVic Wind Symphony: Song and Dance
- 20:00 - GUEST CONCERT: Joshua Peters, violin & Katherine Dowling, piano
View more coming events on the UVic Events Calendar.
UVic Law professor, John Borrows, takes an open source approach to teaching. He recently posted all of his Law 340: Indigenous Lands, Rights and Governance lectures online. Professor Burrows is the Canada Research Chair in Indigenous Law and the Nexen Chair in Indigenous Leadership.
Lecture 2: Governance and Canada's Indian Act
See more of University of Victoria Faculty of Law on Facebook
John Borrows, Canadian Research Chair for Indigenous Law
Jeremy Webber, Dean of Law
Prof. Maneesha Deckha on Animal Law
Professor Maneesha Deckha studies animal law and is a professor at the University of Victoria. In this video she explains that the laws that we have regarding animals are outdated, and do not reflect modern cultural norms and values. She also describes her research into our lacking animal cruelty laws.