Our collegial atmosphere, commitment to social justice, and opportunities for hands-on learning are a few of the things that set the University of Victoria’s Faculty of Law apart. Plus, with the mildest climate in Canada, our campus is just minutes from beaches and parks that you can enjoy year round. Learn more about UVic Law.
Read a message from the dean.
Combine the knowledge you've gained in the classroom with practical experiences in the workplace by participating in Canada's only comprehensive common law co-operative education program. Learn more about law co-op.
We offer several clinical programs that provide you with practical, hands-on experience in a legal environment, in addition to the regular academic program.
View more coming events on the Law Events Calendar.
- 20:00 - UVic Orchestra
- 15:00 - "Inside Llewyn Davis"
- 15:00 - Neural Network Modeling Hierarchical Input-output Mapping in Rats
- 14:30 - IdeaFest 2014: Voice Masterclass
- 10:00 - Adasla: The Movement of Hands
- 14:30 - Innovations in Chemistry: Renewable Energy Technologies and Computer Modeling of Chemical Reactions
- 12:00 - IdeaFest 2014: Centre for Addictions Research of BC Self Guided Open House
- 17:00 - Crocodiles & Ice: Deep Ecology In This Commotion We Call Western Civilization
- 12:30 - Fridaymusic
- 12:00 - IdeaFest 2014: So You Want To Launch A Magazine
- 09:30 - Pierre Samson - Les Herbes Rouges
- 00:00 - Western Division Canadian Association of Geographers Annual Meeting
- 14:00 - The UN calls, Gustavson answers
- 09:00 - BandFest 2014
- 08:45 - Access to Justice: Institutional Roles and Grassroots Approaches
- 19:00 - IdeaFest 2014: Exploring Aesthetic Diversity Through Music
- 14:00 - Pathways to Success: Graduate Research: Reviewing Literature and Situating your Research
View more coming events on the UVic Events Calendar.
View all important academic dates in the Academic Calendar.
Prof. Maneesha Deckha on Animal Law
Professor Maneesha Deckha studies animal law and is a professor at the University of Victoria. In this video she explains that the laws that we have regarding animals are outdated, and do not reflect modern cultural norms and values. She also describes her research into our lacking animal cruelty laws.
This snapshot was taken at the annual Faser Lecture with Professor Emeritus John McLaren, Justice Cromwell and Dean Greschner. Show us your UVic Law Alumni Photos! Submit your own photos to email@example.com or via our Flickr group.
For news, events, updates, and timely information follow @UVic on Twitter.