UVic Law Alumna Jennifer Bond is a very busy woman: http://commonlaw.uottawa.ca/en/news/prof-jennifer-bond-advise-minister-syrian-refugees
- 2015-12-04 - DEMCON: Legal Officials at the Heart of Legal Theory: the Practice of Role-Morality
- 2016-01-25 - Southin Lecture by Hamar Foster
- 2016-01-29 - DEMCON: Jeanne Morefield
View all important academic dates in the Academic Calendar.
- 00:00 - Celebrating W.B. Yeats at 150
- 00:00 - S3: Science Study Sessions
- 10:00 - Holiday Artisan's Market
- 12:30 - TUESDAYMUSIC
- 12:30 - China, Global Governance and the G20 Presidency - CAPI Lunch and Learn
- 13:00 - MSc INTD Oral Exam: Mark Neufeld
- 14:00 - Writing for the Edge: Introduction to writing for the web
- 15:00 - Honours Presentation: Samantha Palmer
- 15:30 - Acting on Climate Change: Beyond Paris with Dr. Catherine Potvin
- 16:00 - Social Bookmaking and Archival Practices in Dorothy Wordsworth's Notebooks
- 18:45 - VICTORIA
View more coming events on the UVic Events Calendar.
UVic Law alumna Jennifer Bond, University of Ottawa Law professor and faculty director of Refugee Hub, is featured in a Vancouver Sun article today about bridging the gap between sponsors and refugees. http://www.vancouversun.com/Daphne+Bramham+Bridging+between+goodwill+caution+that+separates+sponsors+from+refugees/11555447/story.html?__lsa=ed41-3cde
Daphne Bramham: Bridging the gap betwe...
See more of University of Victoria Faculty of Law on Facebook
John Borrows, Canadian Research Chair for Indigenous Law
Jeremy Webber, Dean of Law
Prof. Maneesha Deckha on Animal Law
Professor Maneesha Deckha studies animal law and is a professor at the University of Victoria. In this video she explains that the laws that we have regarding animals are outdated, and do not reflect modern cultural norms and values. She also describes her research into our lacking animal cruelty laws.