Our collegial atmosphere, commitment to social justice, and opportunities for hands-on learning are a few of the things that set the University of Victoria’s Faculty of Law apart. Plus, with the mildest climate in Canada, our campus is just minutes from beaches and parks that you can enjoy year round. Learn more about UVic Law.
Read a message from the dean.
Combine the knowledge you've gained in the classroom with practical experiences in the workplace by participating in Canada's only comprehensive common law co-operative education program. Learn more about law co-op.
We offer several clinical programs that provide you with practical, hands-on experience in a legal environment, in addition to the regular academic program.
View more coming events on the Law Events Calendar.
- 00:00 - The Arts of World War I
- 00:00 - Roy Green: Bird Quartet in Commercial Alley
- 08:00 - Arts, Spaces, Communities - AHVS Grad Student Symposium - Call for Papers
- 10:00 - Salish Reflection: Coast Salish Art and Artists on Campus
- 10:00 - Perpetual Salish: Contemporary Coast Salish Art from the Salish Weave Collection
- 12:00 - "RNA-binding proteins and post-transcriptional events controlling expression of synaptic proteins at the neuromuscular junction: Insights for designing novel therapeutics"
- 12:30 - Fridaymusic
- 12:30 - Deans' Lunchtime Lecture Series: The European Union in Transition: Toward a European Federation or the Resurgence of the Nation- State?
- 14:45 - Would You Like Carbon or Chimps With That?
- 15:00 - Feedback related negativity: Reward prediction error or salince prediction error
- 15:00 - "PRIDE"
- 18:00 - Shoot For The Cure Basketball
- 20:00 - Guitar Class Recital
View more coming events on the UVic Events Calendar.
- 2014-12-02 - Last day of classes for Faculty of Law
- 2014-12-03 - Last day of classes in first-term except Faculty of Law and Faculty of Human and Social Development
- 2014-12-05 - First-term examinations begin for Faculty of Law
- 2014-12-08 - First-term examinations begin except Faculty of Law and Faculty of Human and Social Development
- 2014-12-15 - Deadline to apply to graduate for Spring Convocation
- 2014-12-22 - First-term examinations end for all faculties
View all important academic dates in the Academic Calendar.
Prof. Maneesha Deckha on Animal Law
Professor Maneesha Deckha studies animal law and is a professor at the University of Victoria. In this video she explains that the laws that we have regarding animals are outdated, and do not reflect modern cultural norms and values. She also describes her research into our lacking animal cruelty laws.
This snapshot was taken at the annual Faser Lecture with Professor Emeritus John McLaren, Justice Cromwell and Dean Greschner. Show us your UVic Law Alumni Photos! Submit your own photos to email@example.com or via our Flickr group.
For news, events, updates, and timely information follow @UVic on Twitter.