- 2015-03-06 - Victoria Colloquium: Professor Rainer Baubock
- 2015-03-06 - UVic Law's 40th Anniversary: Open House
- 2015-03-07 - UVic Law's 40th Anniversary: Panel Lecture
- 2015-03-07 - UVic Law's 40th Anniversary: Founders' Dinner
- 2015-03-09 - Fraser Lecture and Humanitarian Award
- 10:00 - IN SESSION - ONE
- 10:00 - Ideafest postdoc panel: "Where do research ideas come from?"
- 11:30 - Anthropology: Tea with... Dr. Erin McGuire
- 12:30 - Original Objects & Original Research: Hands-on Learning with Rare Books & Archives
- 14:30 - IdeaFest: Including people in decisions that affect them: The influence of stigma related to drug use and poverty
- 14:30 - Lecture by Lansdowne visitor, Francisco Garcia Vicente (Professor, Actor, Theatre Director, Set Designer, and Playwright), Murcia, Spain
- 15:00 - Breaking Down Crazy: Personal Experiences of Bipolar Disorder
- 15:00 - IdeaFest: Nuu-Chah-Nulth place-based stories & tsunami science
- 16:00 - Guest Lecture: The Speculative Experience of Composing Music
- 16:30 - OPEN HOUSE - The School of Health Information Science
- 16:30 - CSRS Public Lecture Series - Faith-based Organizations as Loci of Law: A Malawian Case Study
- 16:30 - Cars, Coffee and coding: Sustainability in entrepreneurship
- 16:30 - Pecha Kucha film screening
- 17:30 - Ideafest: Canada's war against ISIS
- 18:30 - Anthropology Field School Information Night
- 19:00 - IdeaFest 2015: Exercise is my medicine
- 19:00 - "Wadjda"
- 19:30 - Victoria Sings 2015
- 20:00 - Sonic Lab
View more coming events on the UVic Events Calendar.
- 2015-04-02 - Last day of classes for all faculties except Faculty of Human and Social Development
- 2015-04-03 - Good Friday
- 2015-04-06 - Easter Monday
- 2015-04-07 - Examinations begin for all faculties except Faculty of Human and Social Development
- 2015-04-22 - End of Winter Session
- 2015-04-22 - Examinations end for all faculties
View all important academic dates in the Academic Calendar.
Prof. Maneesha Deckha on Animal Law
Professor Maneesha Deckha studies animal law and is a professor at the University of Victoria. In this video she explains that the laws that we have regarding animals are outdated, and do not reflect modern cultural norms and values. She also describes her research into our lacking animal cruelty laws.
Become a fan of the University of Victoria to receive news and events on campus.