Our collegial atmosphere, commitment to social justice, and opportunities for hands-on learning are a few of the things that set the University of Victoria’s Faculty of Law apart. Plus, with the mildest climate in Canada, our campus is just minutes from beaches and parks that you can enjoy year round. Learn more about UVic Law.
Read a message from the dean.
We are currently experiencing problems with our on-line application.
If you have submitted your application and received an email receipt, but your My UVic application status still shows your application as in progress, please do NOT re-submit.
Please email email@example.com with your name, Applicant ID, and a copy of your receipt. Your application will be processed once the issue has been resolved.
NOTE: The application deadline for first year applications has been extended to January 15, 2015.
Combine the knowledge you've gained in the classroom with practical experiences in the workplace by participating in Canada's only comprehensive common law co-operative education program. Learn more about law co-op.
We offer several clinical programs that provide you with practical, hands-on experience in a legal environment, in addition to the regular academic program.
View more coming events on the Law Events Calendar.
- 00:00 - Roy Green: Bird Quartet in Commercial Alley
- 00:00 - EU workshop for BC high school teachers
- 07:00 - Hockey Night at UVic
- 08:00 - Arts, Spaces, Communities - AHVS Grad Student Symposium - Call for Papers
- 08:00 - Vikes in Saskatoon
- 10:00 - Salish Reflection: Coast Salish Art and Artists on Campus
- 10:00 - Perpetual Salish: Contemporary Coast Salish Art from the Salish Weave Collection
- 10:00 - Coast Salish, Kwakwaka'wakw & Metis Artisans at the First Peoples House
- 10:30 - EU Ambassador: Importance of Canada-EU Relations
- 11:00 - Annual Environmental Studies Textile Fair
- 12:30 - Fridaymusic
- 14:45 - Eco-urban Neighbourhoods and the Prospect of Sustainability Transformations
- 15:00 - "THE F WORD"
- 18:30 - Anthropology of Sound students in the RBC Museum
- 19:00 - Brian MacDonald :: Video Art Therapy II: Videopsychotherapy
- 20:00 - A Midsummer Night's Dream
- 20:00 - UVic Wind Symphony
- 23:00 - "The Room"
View more coming events on the UVic Events Calendar.
- 2014-12-02 - Last day of classes for Faculty of Law
- 2014-12-03 - Last day of classes in first-term except Faculty of Law and Faculty of Human and Social Development
- 2014-12-05 - First-term examinations begin for Faculty of Law
- 2014-12-08 - First-term examinations begin except Faculty of Law and Faculty of Human and Social Development
- 2014-12-15 - Deadline to apply to graduate for Spring Convocation
- 2014-12-22 - First-term examinations end for all faculties
View all important academic dates in the Academic Calendar.
Prof. Maneesha Deckha on Animal Law
Professor Maneesha Deckha studies animal law and is a professor at the University of Victoria. In this video she explains that the laws that we have regarding animals are outdated, and do not reflect modern cultural norms and values. She also describes her research into our lacking animal cruelty laws.
This snapshot was taken at the annual Faser Lecture with Professor Emeritus John McLaren, Justice Cromwell and Dean Greschner. Show us your UVic Law Alumni Photos! Submit your own photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Flickr group.
For news, events, updates, and timely information follow @UVic on Twitter.