Our collegial atmosphere, commitment to social justice, and opportunities for hands-on learning are a few of the things that set the University of Victoria’s Faculty of Law apart. Plus, with the mildest climate in Canada, our campus is just minutes from beaches and parks that you can enjoy year round. Learn more about UVic Law.
Read a message from the dean.
Combine the knowledge you've gained in the classroom with practical experiences in the workplace by participating in Canada's only comprehensive common law co-operative education program. Learn more about law co-op.
We offer several clinical programs that provide you with practical, hands-on experience in a legal environment, in addition to the regular academic program.
View more coming events on the Law Events Calendar.
- 12:00 - CSRS St. John's Bible Presentation
- 14:00 - Reception | Perpetual Salish: Contemporary Art from the Salish Weave Collection & Salish Reflection: Coast Salish Art and Artists on Campus
- 10:00 - Salish Reflection: Coast Salish Art and Artists on Campus
- 20:00 - Faculty Concert Series: Re-Birth of the Cool
- 19:00 - Film Week: THE DELAY; by Rodrigo Pla (Uruguay, 2012 - 84 mins)
- 15:50 - PBBS Lecture
- 10:00 - Perpetual Salish: Contemporary Coast Salish Art from the Salish Weave Collection
View more coming events on the UVic Events Calendar.
Prof. Maneesha Deckha on Animal Law
Professor Maneesha Deckha studies animal law and is a professor at the University of Victoria. In this video she explains that the laws that we have regarding animals are outdated, and do not reflect modern cultural norms and values. She also describes her research into our lacking animal cruelty laws.
This snapshot was taken at the annual Faser Lecture with Professor Emeritus John McLaren, Justice Cromwell and Dean Greschner. Show us your UVic Law Alumni Photos! Submit your own photos to email@example.com or via our Flickr group.
For news, events, updates, and timely information follow @UVic on Twitter.