Jessica Black,one of our first year students at UVic Law, is in Ottawa as one of the new Jane Glassco fellows representing Nunavut!
- 2016-02-22 - Sheila Wildeman: Social movement activism and identity in mental health law and policy
- 2016-03-02 - Supreme Court Justice Russell Brown
- 2016-03-04 - DEMCON: Robin Celikates
- 2016-03-07 - Roger Bilodeau, Registrar of the Supreme Court of Canada
- 2016-03-09 - Fraser Lecture and Anne Fraser Humanitarian Award
View all important academic dates in the Academic Calendar.
University of Victoria Faculty of Law shared UVic Access to Justice Centre for Excellence's post.
UVic Access to Justice Centre for Excellence
See more of University of Victoria Faculty of Law on Facebook
John Borrows, Canadian Research Chair for Indigenous Law
Jeremy Webber, Dean of Law
Prof. Maneesha Deckha on Animal Law
Professor Maneesha Deckha studies animal law and is a professor at the University of Victoria. In this video she explains that the laws that we have regarding animals are outdated, and do not reflect modern cultural norms and values. She also describes her research into our lacking animal cruelty laws.