GIS and geospatial data
NOTE: Only install ArcGIS on a computer and operating system you will have for a "long" time otherwise you will have to un-install / de-activate / re-install.
(Check the ESRI computer system requirements )
- Use your UVic NetLink ID and password to obtain ESRI student license code (see NOTE above)
- UVicinstallation instructions Note Installation support is limited to the instructions on this pdf.
- If you change your computer, you will need uninstall the software AND deactivate your student license.
See: Deauthorize ArcGIS and/or Deauthorize ArcGIS
Locations: One machine near Maps and GIS office and all computers in Classroom 130
(UVic Netlink ID required for login. Manuals are available from Maps and GIS office, for use in the library only.)
- ArcGIS 10.3 installed
- Google Earth
- Quantum GIS 2.12
Available in the Maps and GIS Office, for use at the GIS workstation by UVic students and faculty only.
For complete list, search the UVic Libraries Catalogue Books & More tab using Basic Search with Limits: Location: Map Library, and keyword (boolean): "cd-rom"
- Desktop computer running ArcGIS 10.3 under the ESRI campus site license - UVic Netlink ID required
- Other software installed: Google Earth; AutoDesk viewer plugin (for Maps2Go website)
- There are also scanners in music and media in the Mearns Centre.
- Stereoscopes, located in the Maps office, for 3D viewing of airphotos; may be borrowed