The Maps and GIS collection contains over 68,000 paper maps on many themes/topics, including topography, relief (including 3-D models), geology, biology, hydrography, cultural, social, economic, planning, transportation, streets, military, nautical charts and history. Learn how to find maps in Maps and GIS.
- Stars, solar system, Moon, World, North America - 3 per cent of collection
- British Columbia, Greater Victoria and Vancouver Island - 21 per cent
- Canada (other) - 29 per cent
- USA (especially Pacific states) - 17 per cent
- Central and South America - 7 per cent
- Europe, Asia (especially Great Britain and Japan) - 15 per cent
- Africa, Australia, NZ, Oceans - 12 per cent
In addition to maps, we have a large collection of atlases. These include general world, historic, environmental and specialty atlases.