Item not at UVic?
Use Interlibrary Loan to order books and articles from other libraries.
- Request a journal article (includes book chapters, newspapers)
- Request a book (includes scores, theses and conference proceedings)
- Check the status of your interlibrary loan requests
How long will my request take?
- Normally 1-5 business days
- During the peak periods of Oct/Nov and Feb/Mar it may take 5-12 days or longer for material that is difficult to locate.
How will I know my requested item is available?
- We will send you email when your item has arrived or if we have to cancel your request.
- Most articles are delivered by email while books can be picked up at the loan desk in McPherson Library or the Law Library depending on the location you choose.
How long can I keep items?
- Normally, you have books and microfilm for 3 weeks unless the lending library says otherwise.
- Books and microfilm must be returned on time or you will end up with fines ($2.00/day/item).
- Articles are yours to keep.
Looking for audio-visual items?
AV materials cannot be requested through interlibrary loan, but the Music and Media library will be able to help you.