University of Victoria Libraries Special Collections serves as a research and teaching resource for students, faculty, and the community at large. Its mandate is to collect, preserve, and make accessible rare books, manuscripts, architectural plans, photographs, and oral history interviews.
All members of the university community, as well as those outside the university, are welcome to use the resources and services of the department.
Learn more about UVic Special Collections.
Search or browse our various collections.
Learning and outreach
Resources for faculty and students.
Learn more about the services we provide.
- Upcoming Exhibit: Alcuin Society Awards for Excellence in Book Design in Canada, 2014 Winners
- Looking good, 900 years later: Pamplona Bible manuscript dated back to 12th century
- University of Victoria Libraries Added to the Flickr Commons
- Treasures and Tea: Facsimiles in the Flesh: Medieval Texts, Faithful Copies, April 16th
- Treasures and Tea: Talking Back to The(ir) Archive: Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath, April 2nd
See more recent stories on our Special Collections blog.
Search our archival holdings
Search our book holdings
- 10:30 AM - 04:30 PM
- Aug 3, 2015