University of Victoria Libraries Special Collections serves as a research and teaching resource for students, faculty, and the community at large. Its mandate is to collect, preserve, and make accessible rare books, manuscripts, architectural plans, photographs, and oral history interviews.
All members of the university community, as well as those outside the university, are welcome to use the resources and services of the department.
Visitor and research services
Learn more about our current events and the services we provide.
Learning and outreach
Resources for faculty and students.
- Upcoming Presentation: The Anglo-Italian Collections: A Research Poster Presentation by University of Victoria Department of English Graduate Students, November 30th
- Upcoming Lecture: A Christmas Carol Through The Senses, Angie (Min Ah) Park, December 6th
- Upcoming Lecture: Yours Sincerely: The Art of Letter-Writing Before, During, and After the Digital Age, November 2nd
- Upcoming Exhibit: Alcuin Society Awards for Excellence in Book Design in Canada, 2015 Winners
- New Military Oral History Interviews Online
See more recent stories on our Special Collections blog.
Search our book holdings
- 08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
- Dec 26, 2016 - Dec 31, 2016