University of Victoria Libraries Special Collections serves as a research and teaching resource for students, faculty, and the community at large. Its mandate is to collect, preserve, and make accessible rare books, manuscripts, architectural plans, photographs, and oral history interviews.
All members of the university community, as well as those outside the university, are welcome to use the resources and services of the department.
Visitor and Research Services
Learn more about our current events and the services we provide.
Search or browse our various collections.
- Archival Collections by Name
- Archival Collections by Subject
- Book Collections
- Medieval and Early Modern Manuscripts
Learning and Outreach
Resources for faculty and students.
- Paleography Workshop: Introduction to Sixteenth- and Seventeenth-Century English Manuscripts, September 22 & 23
- Treasures and Tea: Gender and Social Justice: Networking and Activism in the Archives, September 16
- Upcoming Exhibit: Celebrating W.B. Yeats at 150
- Upcoming Exhibit: Alcuin Society Awards for Excellence in Book Design in Canada, 2014 Winners
- Looking good, 900 years later: Pamplona Bible manuscript dated back to 12th century
See more recent stories on our Special Collections blog.
Search our archival holdings
Search our book holdings
- 08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
- Sep 7, 2015