University of Victoria Libraries Special Collections serves as a research and teaching resource for students, faculty, and the community at large. Its mandate is to collect, preserve, and make accessible rare books, manuscripts, architectural plans, photographs, and oral history interviews.
All members of the university community, as well as those outside the university, are welcome to use the resources and services of the department.
Visitor and research services
Learn more about our current events and the services we provide.
Learning and outreach
Resources for faculty and students.
- New Military Oral History Interviews Online
- New Exhibition: A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Music: Books, Scores, and Theatrical Ephemera from the University of Victoria Special Collections Library
- BC Book Prizes 2016 Shortlists Announced, Pauline Holdstock Nominated
- Treasures & Tea: The British Columbia Theatre History Collection, March 9th
- In Memoriam: George Cuomo (1929-2015)
See more recent stories on our Special Collections blog.
Search our archival holdings
Search our book holdings
- 10:30 AM - 04:30 PM
- Jul 1, 2016