University of Victoria Libraries Special Collections serves as a research and teaching resource for students, faculty, and the community at large. Its mandate is to collect, preserve, and make accessible rare books, manuscripts, architectural plans, photographs, and oral history interviews.
All members of the university community, as well as those outside the university, are welcome to use the resources and services of the department.
Visitor and Research Services
Learn more about our current events and the services we provide.
Search or browse our various collections.
- Search Archives
- Browse Archives by Name
- Browse Archives by Subject
- Book Collections
- Digital Collections
- Medieval and Early Modern Manuscripts
Learning and Outreach
Resources for faculty and students.
- Treasures and Tea: âA Faithful Portraitâ: Hugh Thomson, Pride and Prejudice, and Reading Illustrations, December 2nd
- Treasures and Tea: Early Music in UVic's Special Collections and Archives, November 25th
- Treasures and Tea: Layering Meaning and Value in Serigraph Prints: Pacific Editions Cut Books and Prints from the Smyth Collection, November 18th
- Reading room closing early today
- Celebrating W.B. Yeats in Music, October 20th
See more recent stories on our Special Collections blog.
Search our archival holdings
Search our book holdings
- 08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
- Nov 11, 2015