University of Victoria Libraries Special Collections serves as a research and teaching resource for students, faculty, and the community at large. Its mandate is to collect, preserve, and make accessible rare books, manuscripts, architectural plans, photographs, and oral history interviews.
All members of the university community, as well as those outside the university, are welcome to use the resources and services of the department.
Learn more about UVic Special Collections.
Search or browse our various collections.
Use our guides to search many of the collections.
Learn more about the services we provide.
- Treasures and Tea: Original Objects & Original Research: Hands-on Learning with Rare Books & Archives, March 5th
- Treasures and Tea: Finding Women in the Archives, February 19th
- Treasures and Tea: From Gall Nuts to Ballpoints: The Social Life of Ink, February 17th
- Treasures and Tea: Book Collecting for Beginners with Richard Davies, February 5th
- Upcoming event: Wikipedia Edit-A-Thon, January 23rd
See more recent stories on our Special Collections blog.
For more information follow UVicSC.
Search our archival holdings
Search our book holdings
- 08:30 AM - 04:30 PM
- Feb 9, 2015
University of Victoria Special Collections
Room A005, lower level, Mearns Centre - McPherson Library
Floor map of lower level
University of Victoria
PO Box 1800 STN CSC
Victoria, B.C., V8W 3H5