Connect from off-campus
We subscribe to a variety of web-based resources (i.e. databases, e-journals, e-texts, etc.) that are licensed for the exclusive use of current UVic students, staff and faculty. You must have a current NetLink ID and password to access these resources.
Almost all of our web-based resources are now available by EZProxy. Simply connect via the library website and click on the electronic resource of your choice. Log in using your Netlink ID and Password.
A small number of our electronic resources do not work with EZproxy (for example, SciFinder Scholar).
To access these from off campus, you must use the campus VPN (virtual private network). For more information about VPN, and instructions on how to set it up, please see the VPN Service Overview.
- What do I use when I'm prompted for a username and password?
- What do I do if I've forgotten my NetLink password?
- What if my NetLink ID doesn't work?
- Can I get access to licensed resources from my off-campus workplace or another institution?
- What is EZProxy?
- What is a "proxy"?
- Who's eligible for off-campus access?
- When do I need to use the campus VPN service?
- Where is "off-campus" with regards to licensed library resources?
- What are "licensed" resources?
- Are there any library resources that are not licensed?
- Why can't I access the complete article in this library database?