Find articles, books, videos, and more
Search books & media
The Ares Course Reserves System provides you with a personalized list of reserve readings for your courses.
When you log in, you will see a list of courses you are registered in for the current semester. If some of the courses you are currently registered in do not appear in the list, it is because no course reserve materials are currently available for those courses.
Highlights from our collections, services, spaces and events.
News and events
- New Videos of 2016
- Top Circulating Items of 2016
- Top Video Requests of 2016
- Research Consultations
- Chinese Canadian Artifacts Project
- Glimpses of the Past: Student Life at UVic. This exhibit showcases photographs depicting various traditions from Victoria, focusing on Victoria College and University of Victoria students through the twentieth century. An exhibition from February 1-28, 2017.
- Publilius Syrus in Victoria: A Marginalia Mystery – Part of Treasures and Tea in Special Collections and the University Archives with Keith Bradley, Eli J. and Helen Shaheen Professor Emeritus of Classics, University of Notre Dame, and Adjunct Professor, Greek and Roman Studies, UVic. Publilius Syrus was an ancient Roman slave who acquired notoriety for composing bawdy farces and tangling with Julius Caesar. His writings are important to literary and cultural history. Admission is free. February 22, 2017.
- An introduction to Bookbinding: This short, free two hour talk/workshop will focus on the physical aspects of books - the parts of a book and the importance of each part being made correctly for the set purpose of each book, its readability and longevity. Participants will be encouraged to make one or two introductory sewn pamphlets. March 13, 2017. Space is limited. Registration required.