Get access to backfiles of newspapers, collections of research reports, government documents, books and other materials in microfilm and microfiche. Organization is by call number (microfiche) or by accession number (microfilm).
Machines for reading, printing (20 cents per page), and pdf file creation using digital scanners.
Location and hours
- Lower level, Mearns Centre - McPherson Library
- See library hours
- Research Help Desk
- Phone: 250-721-8274 or 250-721-5124
- Fax: 250-721-8215
- 07:30 AM - 11:00 PM
- 07:30 AM - 09:00 PM
- 10:00 AM - 09:00 PM
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Mearns Centre - McPherson Library
University of Victoria
PO Box 1800 STN CSC
Victoria, B.C., V8W 3H5
[See location on Google Maps]
Subject guide to newspapers (with date ranges, locations, and holdings in print, microform, and electronic formats) held by McPherson Library.
- Annotated guide to selected historical Canadian newspapers on microfilm
- CIHM (Canadian Institute for Historical Microreproduction) and Early Canadiana Online Collections
- Guide to selected microforms in the McPherson library
- Incunabula: the printing revolution in Europe 1455-1500 Index
- Selected newspapers (in microform) by place