Interlibrary loan provides you with resources from other libraries when UVic does not hold the item you need for your study or research.
Are you a UVic undergraduate or graduate student, faculty or retired faculty, staff, or affiliate?
If you're not affiliated with the university, you can use our Infoline office to order books and articles for a fee. This includes institutions, organizations, businesses and individuals.
Interlibrary loan is a free service to request items not held by the UVic Libraries.
How do you know if UVic Libraries holds an item?
- Use the search box on the library website
- When you are in the catalogue, click the “Not @ UVic?” tab. This will take you to a page to request an item from another library.
- You can also access this page from request an interlibrary loan under the popular links menu in the right hand column of every web page.
- When requesting an item, the title is a required field, however, the more information you add, the better chance there is of your request being successful.
The Interlibrary Loan Office is located in Room 292 on the second floor of McPherson Library. Staff are happy to answer your questions.
- Returnable items have a 3 week loan period and are not renewable
- The due date is on the wrapper of the item. Please do not remove the wrapper.
Digital articles and book chapters
- Sent by email with a link to the content
Books and other materials
- pick up at the loan desk in McPherson Library or the Law Library
Print copies of articles
- pick up at the loan desk in McPherson Library
- pick up at the loan desk in the Law Library
- Fines for overdue interlibrary loan items are $2.00 per item per day
- Items not returned by the due date are subject to overdue fines or replacement charges
- Borrowing will be suspended when fines reach $20.00 or more
- Borrowing privileges may be reinstated when outstanding charges are paid
- Currently there is no courtesy email to notify you your item is soon due
- 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM
- Apr 14, 2017
- Apr 17, 2017
McPherson Library, Rm. 292
University of Victoria
PO Box 1900 STN CSC
Victoria, B.C., V8W 3H5
[See location on Google Maps]