University Systems help centre
Change your NetLink ID password: students
If you know your current NetLink ID password, you can change your password by visiting http://netlink.uvic.ca and clicking on the PASSWORDS link. If you have forgotten your password, you will need to reset your password.
New requirements for passwords
When you visit netlink.uvic.ca to update your password, you will be required to select a new password which is between 8 and 30 characters in length. Passwords must contain characters from at least two of the following groups: lowercase letters, uppercase letters, digits, or special characters $ _ #. See the password tips page for further information on creating more secure passwords.
Reset your NetLink ID password
If you have forgotten your NetLink ID password, you can reset it by visiting http://netlink.uvic.ca and following these steps:
- Click on the PASSWORDS: change your passwords link.
- Click the Student Password Reset button.
- Fill in the form with your personal information, including one additional piece of identification information. The success of this step will depend on the information UVic has on file for you.
Alternative method to reset your password
If the above does not work, the Computer Help Desk can assist you with resetting your password, either in person or over the phone. You must present a valid piece of photo ID to authorize a password reset. If you prefer to reset your password over the phone rather than in person, you can email or fax your photo ID:
- take a digital photograph of your photo ID and email it to email@example.com;
- scan your photo ID and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- fax a copy of your photo ID to 250-721-8778.