Complete your degree. Pick up a much-needed credit course. Or, seek out a certificate program to advance your career. We are leaders in distance education with close to 40 years of experience in customizing our approach so you can enjoy a full student experience without leaving your community.
We offer UVic's largest choice of online studies.
- Master of Arts in Community Development, School of Public Administration
- Master of Nursing, School of Nursing
- Master of Public Administration: MPA online, School of Public Administration
- Master of Public Health, School of Public Health + Social Policy
- Master of Science, School of Health Information Science
- Master of Social Work, School of Social Work
We offer multiple learning strategies to support success. Our courses use one-on-one communication, small group discussion and classroom conferencing to bring students and instructors together. We provide the best tools for your learning environment regardless of your location or requirements. We use:
- student-centred online learning models
- interactive print, audio and video materials
- on-site workshops and intensives
- list serves, video-conferencing, interactive websites and e-learning
- audio and video streaming
- online learning systems: CourseSpaces (Moodle 2.6)
- Distance Education Services - course information
- Access to your courses, resources for learning and teaching
- Links to Onlinehelp support and library services.
The Faculty of Human and Social Development (HSD) is a proven leader in the delivery of distance and online learning programs. With over 30 years of experience and pioneering distance education models, our expertise ensures you get the support you need to succeed.
We've been successful because we've listened to our students and responded to increasing demands for flexible learning environments. One-third of our students study on campus and two-thirds of our students are taking their programs online. Our distance education models are working―our graduates are leaders in their communities.