At UVic, learning extends beyond the classroom. More than one in three UVic students takes part in our extremely popular co-operative education program (co-op), which allows you to alternate terms in class with paid work terms in positions related to your field of study. We also offer a shorter, more flexible work experience program option.
UVic's co-op program is one of the largest and most respected in Canada, and our co-op grads are more likely to land a job sooner, be promoted faster and earn a higher salary than graduates who didn't take part in co-op.
As a co-op student, you'll:
- try out different jobs working for employers in your field
- graduate with a great résumé packed with relevant work experience
- build a valuable network of contacts and references
- earn income to help pay for tuition
- clarify your strengths, interests and goals
- build competencies and learn to market yourself to employers
- graduate with a special "Co-op" designation on your degree (after completing all required work terms)
- boost your chances of landing a great job after graduation
Learn more about co-op programs. Contact your co-op program listed below for details and how to apply.
|Biochemistry and Microbiologyemail@example.com||250-721-8813|
|Computer Science and Mathfirstname.lastname@example.org||250-472-5800|
|Earth and Ocean Sciencesemail@example.com||250-721-7713|
|Exercise Science, Physical and Health Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org||250-472-4690|
|Health Information Scienceemail@example.com||250-721-6458|
|Humanities and Fine Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org||250-721-8841|
|Physics and Astronomyemail@example.com||250-721-7713|
Career Services and online career resources
All students and alumni can access free career development support through Career Services, including:
- career help by drop-in or appointment
- career workshops in McPherson Library on résumés, interviewing, networking and LinkedIn
- career programs (Horizons and Navigator) on career exploration and finding work (online and self-paced)
- job postings for work, co-op and volunteer opportunities
- online career resources on career options, career and competency development, searching for work, résumés, interviews and more
- Learning in Motion portal (sign in with your NetLink ID)
- Main Career Services office (All programs except Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics, and Law)
Phone: 250-721-8421 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Building: CSB 110 next to the Bookstore (map)
Co-op student experiences
Wondering what it's like to be a co-op student, or what sort of jobs you could try? Check out our co-op student stories!