University Systems help centre
Manage junk settings: WebMail
UVic's WebMail has spam filters that you can enable. Subscribing to these filters will block incoming emails that online groups have identified as spam.
- Login to your WebMail account.
- Click on Options, located near the top of the page.
- Click on SPAM Filters.
- Using the drop-down list, select where you want your spam moved to on delivery (your Junk E-mail folder is recommended). Then, in the second drop-down list, select what you want to scan (Unread messages only is recommended).
- Select which spam list(s) you would like to subscribe to by clicking on the checkbox next to the list name. You may select them all of them.
- When you are finished, click Save.
You should check your Junk E-mail folder (or whatever folder you selected in step 4) periodically to ensure legitimate emails didn't accidentally get tagged as spam.