University Systems help centre
Manage junk settings: Outlook 2003 and 2007
The junk email filter level in Outlook is set to Low by default. This will filter the most obvious junk and spam messages to your Junk E-mail folder. We recommend occasionally reviewing the messages in your Junk E-mail folder to ensure that legitimate messages have not been filtered.
- To change your settings, click on the Home tab and then select the Junk and Junk E-mail Options....
- From the Junk E-mail Options you can manage your filter level, safe email addresses, and blocked email addresses. Please note that if you select High or Safe Lists Only as your level of protection, legitimate emails could end up in your junk folder.
- To add an email address that will never be treated as junk mail, click on the Safe Senders tab. Click Add and type an email address or domain (a domain is the second part of an email address, such as @uvic.ca.
- To add an email address that will always be treated as junk mail, click on the Block Senders tab. Click Add and type an email address or domain that you want to block.
- When you have made the necessary adjustments to your junk settings, click OK to close the window.