University Systems help centre
Video on Demand (VoD) file hosting
Video on Demand service delivers streaming audio and video content to the web.
The VoD service will host your video. You manage your own libraries and publish players to any web page, for a local or global audience. For more information, please see the service catalogue.
How do I use this service?
- To set up or ask about a VOD account, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Video content must be encoded in flash (.flv) or H.264 MPEG-4 (.mp4 or .m4v); audio must be MP3. We recommend Handbrake as an easy way to encode your video content.
- Once provisioned, you can upload your content to our server through a Secure FTP connection. We recommend using FileZilla.
- Then use our self-help wizard to build your player and publish your video or audio on your web page.
- How to Embed a VoD into Cascade
- How to Embed a VoD into CourseSpaces
- How to Embed a VoD into UVic Connect
- How to Embed a VoD with the Cascade Video Bock
- How to use FileZilla for VOD upload and Management
- How to use Handbrake for encoding video
- How to use the Advanced VoD Wizard
- How to use the Basic VoD Wizard