Declare your program

Declaring your program is how you officially tell UVic what you want to study. 

Stating your area of interest on your UVic application is NOT declaring your program! Declaring means that you'll be able to access your degree audit (called a CAPP report) and see exactly which requirements you've met, which you still need to register for, and what's in-progress.

You can change your program once you've declared. 

Simply submit a program change request through MyPage and we will update your record.  

Once you've submitted your program declaration request, it can take up to six weeks for it to be processed.  

So how do I declare?

Review eligibility requirements

Do you have 12.0 units of completed coursework (including transfer credit)?

Have you reviewed our Choose and Plan section? 

Have you spent time with the academic Calendar and found at least ten 300/400 level courses in your area of interest that you are excited to take? 

If you are declaring in the Faculty of Science (and you are currently in Social Sciences or Humanities), are you in good academic standing and have you reviewed the eligibility requirements and ensured you have met them? 

If you answered "yes" to the questions above, you're ready to declare!

Submit a degree program declaration request

Program declaration and program change requests are submitted online at You will be directed to log on to your MyPage account, where you will select Grades and Records, followed by Program Declaration or Change. You will then follow the guided steps to submit your request.

A few tips: 

  • If you are adding a concentration or option, please wait for concentrations/options to load after selecting a major - it can take some time and you might think it's not working, but it is! 
  • You can let us know which calendar year you are following by typing it in the comment section.

Submit a diploma or certificate program declaration request

To add a diploma or certificate, you can submit a request via DeclareMe. Currently, DeclareMe does not have the diploma or certificate programs in the drop-down menu, so you can simply submit a program change request that mirrors your currently declared program, noting your intended diploma or certificate addition in the comments. 

Declare an honours program

Once you have applied to your department and received acceptance to an honours program, you can submit a declaration request (if you've not declared a major already) or a program change request. 

Please note: You will need to submit the request as a request for a major (there is no honours option), select "I am interested in Honours" and "I have applied".   Many students also choose to put a note in the comment section advising us that they would like to declare an honours program. 

Review your CAPP report

Once you have submitted your program declaration request, you will receive an email confirmation that it has been received.  Two to six weeks later, you will receive an email from one of our academic advisers to let you know that your record has been updated.  At this point, you will be able to access your degree evaluation (CAPP report) online.  

Access your report by logging into your MyPage account and selecting Grades & Records, and then Degree Evaluation

You can only submit one declaration or program change request per term, so if you need to adjust your program within that time frame, please come in to the Advising Centre in person so that we can assist you.