Change your personal information

It is your responsibility to keep your contact information up-to-date so that UVic can contact you with important information.

Contact information

Log into My page Personal and account profile to update your:

  • Email address
  • Mailing address
  • Phone numbers
  • Emergency contacts


Preferred first name

Your preferred name is the name by which you are normally addressed and can be different than your legal first name on your UVic student record.  Your preferred name appears on:

  • Your student record
  • Class and grade lists for your courses
  • CourseSpaces
  • Some university communications

You can update your preferred first name at any time by logging into My page Personal and account profile

Also see specifying your preferred name on your ONECard


Use of legal name

Your legal name appears on your:

  • Student record
  • Official letters and transcript
  • Tax forms
  • Diploma

If you change your legal name, you should notify the university by submitting the Personal information change form and a copy of supporting documentation. Acceptable supporting documentation is listed on the form.

Also see Name on diploma