Skip to main content

University of Strathclyde

Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
WebsiteInformation for exchange students
Language of instruction: English
Terms: Semester 1 (September - December), Semester 2 (January - May)


  • Glasgow has much to offer with its historical and contemporary architecture, shops, theatres, cinemas, restaurants and bars, sports facilities, music venues, museums and art galleries, parks and gardens, markets, nightclubs, Imax cinema, science centre, and millennium tower.
  • The city is only half an hour's travel away from the unspoilt treasures of Scotland's countryside.


  •  The Disability & Wellbeing Service provides accessibility supports on a self-referral basis. Once students are registered with the service, advisers can start the process of identifying the most appropriate support requirements. 
  • Students will be asked to provide evidence in support of their diagnosed condition. More information can be found here.
  • More information about the variety of supports offered can be found here.

Area of study

  • Science
  • Arts
  • Social Sciences
  • Business
  • Education
  • Engineering
  • Science

See the Strathclyde guide to choosing classes for information on available courses, and recommended course load.

Exchange credit history

See the exchange credit history listing of courses that have been previously evaluated from the University of Strathclyde. Note that this is a guide only, and not a guarantee that your courses would be evaluated in the same way.


  • On-campus housing: Available. The university guarantees all international and exchange students a place in the students' halls of residence. Student accommodation (except Jordan Hill which has catering provided) is self-catered. Students live in single rooms arranged in flats of four and six rooms. All flats share cooking facilities. Some rooms have private bathroom facilities and others have communal facilities. For details, see the university's Accommodation website.
  • Off-campus housing: Available.

Medical Insurance, Immigration & Arrival

  • Medical insurance: Mandatory
  • Immigration documents: Student visa required. Please see more detailed information about visas and immigration here.
  • Orientation program: Available

Student Reports

How to apply

Learn how to apply or sign up to receive emails about studying on exchange at a partner university. We will send you information about events, application deadlines, funding opportunities, and more!