University Systems service catalogue
Website development service
The website development service provides professional websites that can help clients create an effective online presence. This service has two levels: template and comprehensive, both of which provide solutions for large and small projects. Options are available for content population and graphic development.
The service provides some or all of the following:
- University Systems' Project Management Office (PMO) process and documentation;
- Stakeholder requirements gathering;
- Information architecture and site layout;
- Site template creation, file layout, and template population;
- Content contributor training and consultation;
- Content population and graphic editing;
- Implementation and associated application development for new functionality, dynamic and common components; and
- Usability and pre-launch testing.
Who can use this service?
How do I request or access this service?
Major rebuild Projects for faculties and major units are project managed by Systems and co-sponsored by University Communications + Marketing and the website unit leader.
There is often a 2-4 month wait for this service to start, and the service can take from 2-5 months depending on the size of project and availability of site content and resources.
What is the cost for this service?
This service is free for sites that are deemed a University priority. Priorities are determined by University Communications + Marketing.
A $75/hour chargeback option is available, dependent upon resource availability. Separate site administration for sites developed by the Web Services Office is available at the same hourly charge. Billing is done on a 15-minute increment. All tasks completed in this process are itemized for billing purposes. Clients are invited to request the status of their project and their billing details at any time throughout the project.
When is this service available?
This service is available during university business hours.
How do I get help with this service?
Contact the Computer Help Desk for additional support information.