Visual (sign) language interpreting

I am a student and I need interpreters and/or transcribers.  How does that work?


Talk to your advisor to request this accommodation.

Be sure to make your requests 6-8 weeks before the start of term, as scheduling takes considerable time and planning.  

All interpreters and transcribers are hired and assigned based on their experience, education, suitability and availability.

Who pays for it?

You’ll apply for a grant to cover all or a portion of the interpreting and/or captioning costs with permanent disability grants. The university covers the remaining costs. 

Contact for more information on interpreters and transcribers.