Academic Advising Centre

Have course- or program-related questions, or need to book an advising appointment? In response to COVID-19, all advising services are now delivered remotely. Please confirm the type of support you need below, in order to get the most appropriate referral or next step.

Before proceeding, please ensure that you have reviewed the COVID-19 website for students, as answers to many common questions regarding course scheduling, registration and delivery can be found there.

I am looking for help  primarily with:

Are you an undeclared student, or a student with a declared academic program of study?

Academic planning for declared students

Students with a declared academic program of study in Humanities, Science or Social Sciences can use the Academic Advising Centre's self-service system (Accordion) to find and book an appointment. Please log in to Accordion with your Netlink credentials using the button below, and follow the prompts to book an appointment:

Log in to Accordion

Academic planning for undeclared students or students in a faculty other than Humanities, Science or Social Sciences

While our offices are currently closed, academic advising support is available by email and by phone, and appointments are available by phone.

  • To submit your questions by email: Please email; be sure to include your full name and UVic student number.
  • To speak with a frontline adviser by phone: Please call  250-721-7567 (ext. 6)
  • To request an advising appointment: Please complete the following form; a frontline adviser will follow up with you to confirm your booking or if any additional information is required.

Advising appointment request form

* Indicates a field that must be filled.

Student information:
Appointment type:

What type of appointment are you requesting? *

Please list your current or planned program of study. If you are still undecided on your program, please list any areas you are considering: *

Please provide any additional details about the assistance you are needing:

Appointment mode:

Advising appointments are currently conducted by phone, and students will be called by their adviser at the scheduled time. If you do not have a phone or are unable to accept a call, please identify this in the availability section below and we will work with you to set up an appointment by video conference.


Please use this section to provide your appointment availability. Include the days of the week and time ranges you are most available over the next two weeks. You will be booked in for the best match: *

Privacy policy:

Academic planning within, or transfer to, another faculty

The Academic Advising Centre does not provide support for students studying in a faculty or program outside of Humanities, Science or Social Sciences (e.g.  .

For assistance, students should contact the  adviser for the program they are planning to pursue.

Preparing for a post-degree program, or a program at another institution

Students preparing for a graduate program at UVic should contact the academic unit adviser for the department or school in which they are interested, and review the admission requirements for the program.

Students preparing for a program at another institution (either post-degree or transfer) are advised to contact the institution to which they will be applying for the most accurate and up-to-date information on admission requirements and UVic transfer credit. 

The Academic Advising Centre maintains a list of course equivalencies for admission to a number of popular post-degree professional programs within Canada, but we are not equipped to help interpret admission requirements for other programs or to make recommendations on course selection to support admissibility.

Support with registering for courses

The Academic Advising Centre is not able to register students in courses directly, nor does the centre assist students with the process of registering for courses. For support, students should review the online course registration tutorials, or contact the registration support line.

Questions regarding your admission, transfer credit or transcripts

Questions regarding your admission status, evaluated transfer credit or your transcripts should be directed to the Office of the Registrar. Recently admitted students should contact their admissions clerk; current and returning UVic students should contact their records clerk. If you don't have your clerk's contact information, you can use the Office of the Registrar's online request form.