Downloadable forms that are commonly used in the Combination Pension Plan are listed below (as PDFs). 

Please contact us if you have any questions about these forms.

Disclaimer: We make every effort to ensure that all information on this website is accurate and complete. Should any discrepancy exist, the Plan Documents, statutes, or regulations shall apply. 

To obtain a pension estimate

A pension estimate can be prepared to provide an estimated forecast of the pension benefits that will become available youPlease review the Retiring from UVic section of this website for important information.

To appoint/designate a beneficiary

spouse, as defined in the Pension Benefits Standards Act, is automatically entitled to survivor benefits.  Use this form to confirm or update your marital status. 

To authorize a representative

You can also provide a copy of a Power of Attorney to Pension Services. 

´╗┐Spousal waivers

The following spousal waivers are prescribed under the Pension Benefits Standards Act. A spouse can choose to use these forms to waive their entitlements to survivor benefits, under different circumstances: 

Use this form to permit unlocking of the pension funds, usually due to non-residency.

Use this form to permit a selection of survivor benefits that provide less than the minimum prescribed benefit required under the Pension Benefits Standards Act.

Use this form prior to the member's retirement to permit the designation of a beneficiary other than a spouse.

Use this form to permit the selection of a Variable Benefit, or the transfer to other external vehicles. 

To update your banking information (for direct deposit)

To request or amend Variable Benefit payments

The age-table of minimum and maximum withdrawals is avaialble here.

To transfer funds out of the Plan

Please contact us.

To apply for voluntary contributions

 Subject to Income Tax Act maximums, you can apply to make additional voluntary contributions through payroll deductions or by transfer from other registered vehicles (transfers from spousal RRSPs are not permitted).  Please refer to During your career for more information.

  • To transfer funds from other vehicles
    Please contact us

To change or update personal tax credits

TD1 Personal Tax Credit Returns - refer to the CRA website 

Forms related to pension division

Please visit the Divorce & separation section of this website for more information on pension division. 

Claim and request for information and notice (Form P1)

This form is used by a former spouse who is making a claim against the member's benefits. After this form is delivered to the Pension Services, the former spouse is entitled to receive:

  • Information from the administrator/annuity issuer about the benefits
  • 30 days' advance notice of changes of circumstances affecting the benefits

Agreement to have benefits divided under Part 6 (Form P9), separation agreement, or court order

The form P9 is used in lieu of a formal agreement or court order that addresses the division of pension benefits.

The separation agreement or court order must provide clear direction on how the pension is to be divided. The following information MUST be included:

  • The name of the pension plan to be divided (University of Victoria Combination Pension Plan).

  • The day, month and year of the entitlement period.

  • The method to be used to divide the pension (e.g., 50% of the pension during the entitlement period, or any other agreed-to portion

Request for designation as Limited Member (Form P2)

This form is used any time a former spouse's share of the benefits remains in the plan to be administered. The former spouse becomes a "limited member" and is entitled to receive a proportionate share of the member's benefits.

Request for transfer from defined contribution account (Form P3)

This form is used by a spouse to transfer his or her proportionate share to another plan.

Withdrawal of notice/Waiver of claim (Form P7)

This form is used if a former spouse decides to withdraw a notice or other document previously delivered, or to relinquish a claim to the benefits. A notice cannot be withdrawn once the benefit division arrangements are completed.

Change of information (Form P8)

This form is used to update your contact information.